Subject: Re: [boost] [VS2017][release] vswhere.exe
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-04 23:02:56

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 5:20 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> Rene Rivera wrote:
>
> My recommendation...
>>
>> We just ask users to run the bootstrap/build from the VS command prompt
>> which defines VS150COMNTOOLS.
>>

> Does this mean that we'll revert the existing detection logic?

Only the logic dealing with the PowerShell helper scripts.

If so (it worked for me), can we not at least check the default install
> locations, if VS150COMNTOOLS isn't set?

There was already logic for common paths when building b2, aka bootstrap
part. I'll be adding equivalent logic in msvc.jam. WHich, funnily, we
already have some of as msvc 7.1 needed it. In other words, Microsoft has
managed to regress to the state of 7.1 as far as the install is concerned.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything