Subject: [boost] [1.64] [ublas] Broken/regession due to Boost.Serialization changes
From: Peppard (peppard+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-21 23:25:15

Hi,

since the 1.64 release including e.g. boost/numeric/ublas/matrix.hpp
gives an error like "no member named 'make_array' in namespace
'boost::serialization'", according to the official(?) test overview
(http://www.boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/numeric-ublas.html)
on a lot of systems.

There have been discussions on this mailing list in Nov/Dec 2016
probably at least related to this ([boost] [serialization][ublas][test]
failures in serialization causing regressions) and in Feb 2017 ([boost]
[serialization][uBlas] Serialization still breaking anything that uses
uBlas?), also there are several pull requests on GitHub, e.g.
https://github.com/boostorg/ublas/pull/46.

(I assume you are aware of this already, but I wonder why there was a
release with a regression like this, maybe due to a maintainer missing?
How are cases like these handled?)

Thanks!

(Sorry if this is a double post but the list address seemed to change
from @wowbagger.crest.iu.edu to @lists.boost.org so I tried again.)