From: Michael Caisse (mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-01 02:19:42

On 4/28/17 12:20, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:
> I am a user of GMane in regard to Boost mailing lists and it appears
> that GMane is no longer picking up Boost mailing list changes or
> allowing users to respond to mailing list posts through the
> corresponding GMane ng.
>
> Does anyone know how to rectify this situation ?
>
> I recall that Boost might have changed who was hosting the mailing lists
> and I am wondering if this is the reason that GMane no longer works with
> Boost mailing lists.

The service we use for mass email broadcasts had blocked our usage as
spam (you know how those C++ Boost posts look like phishing). This was
resolved yesterday morning. I believe the outage was about 12-hours.
Unfortunately, our monitors didn't pick this up. We are implementing
additional checks.

The mail infrastructures has been switched for months. The last time I
checked GMane it was working. Granted ... I don't check it very of
often. Perhaps we can add an automated check for that.

It looks like we need to update the contact pages for infrastructure.

michael

--
Michael Caisse
Ciere Consulting