Subject: Re: [boost] [review] **NEXT WEEK** Review of Outcome (starts Fri-19-May)
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-14 18:21:42

>> Furthermore, Outcome is itself already generated by script. When you
>> include Outcome, you are including the pregenerated edition. Therefore
>> generating a "boost flavoured" edition of same is no different.
>>
>> That means both standalone Outcome and any potential Boost.Outcome are
>> exactly the same class of citizen, which is to say first class
>
> Well, not quite. Let's suppose it's accepted. There is a repo under
> boostorg, boostorg/outcome, that hopefully contains headers. Someone
> issues a pull request against one of those headers. To incorporate this
> PR, you need to backport it into the primary Outcome source, then rerun
> the boostification script, then commit the result to the boostorg repo,
> then check whether the changes match the PR.
>
> Correct?

It depends on what conditions the peer review places on Outcome to be
accepted.

If the repo were accepted as is presented - and my hope would be that it
is - then users will be using it directly.

However even if it isn't, the situation with ASIO hasn't been
particularly problematic. Chris figures out an equivalent patch and
applies it to standalone ASIO. It's ok.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting