Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Need help with clang config
From: paul (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-18 20:12:25

On Thu, 2017-05-18 at 20:06 +0100, John Maddock via Boost wrote:
> I've just added travis support to Boost.Config, the problem is that
> there are a large number of clang failures that I simply don't know how
> to fix, see: https://travis-ci.org/boostorg/config
>
> The errors occur because clang chokes on libstdc++ code, so while
> <regex> exists (for example), clang won't parse it.  Any ideas anyone?

On my PR from two months ago, I never saw a problem with regex with travis.
This ran the tests for both libc++ and libstdc++, but it used libc++ from gcc
5.

However, there is a problem with the tests when using older c++ versions(such
as c++11 or c++03), as the header still exists even though it is not valid. So
I only tested the very latest versions. Ideally the header test should check
for the classes someone would expect in the header, which would avoid this
problem.

I also disabled the several tests as they were broken on different platforms:

https://github.com/boostorg/config/pull/129/files#diff-15547c54d3d4898a882b4ab
7b3cee381R70