Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] High level summary of review feedback accepted so far
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-01 18:43:52

> Niall Douglas wrote:
>> See what you make of my toy std::variant<> based Outcome at:
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/ybxwlewh
>
> FWIW, Niall, I convinced my variant implementation to work in Compiler
> Explorer:
>
> https://godbolt.org/g/juh4WB
>
> so you can try it for a spin. It's never-valueless, ever, so you can
> dispense with the "safe assign" workarounds.

Cool.

I have a lot of other stuff which was shelved to make space for this
review, so those needs attending to first. They will take a few weeks.
Then I need to find employment. Then I'll be able to return to working
on open source stuff, and by which time surely Charley's report on this
review will have been published.

When do you expect your variant to enter Boost?

And how well does it work on VS2017? My not particularly complicated toy
variant-based Outcome ICEs VS2017, and that's using the shipped
Dinkumware variant. I am hoping VS2017.3 improves things.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting