Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] High level summary of review feedback accepted so far
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-05 23:15:03

On 2/06/2017 22:23, Niall Douglas wrote:
> Hopefully now explained above. Would you prefer a std::terminate on
> accessing empty instead? I'm strongly leaning towards that now we'll
> have split empty-capable vs non-empty-capable types, indeed I just
> logged that to https://github.com/ned14/boost.outcome/issues/54.

If a non-empty-capable type gets into a state where it can't be anything
but empty, then a std::terminate seems justified. Otherwise I'm dubious
-- if you're explicitly using an empty-capable type, then is empty
really a serious error any more?

But then, as I've said before, I'm biased against std::terminate in
general, so perhaps I'm not the best one to ask.