Subject: Re: [boost] Asciidoc, an alternative for documentation
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-06 14:10:57

On 6/5/2017 11:34 PM, Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira via Boost wrote:

>> This is how the generated HTML documentation looks, using the default
>> stylesheet, without any customizations on my part:
>>
>> https://rawgit.com/boostorg/assert/feature/asciidoc/doc/html/assert.html
>>

> I've converted all of Boost.Http documentation to asciidoc. I don't intend
> to use QuickBook/BoostBook again. Too much NIH syndrome and too much
> inconvenient.

Using quickbook has always appeared easy to me. Generating html and pdf
doc from quickbook source involves a number of steps that need to be
correctly setup via a jamfile, and I think this is what always appears
hard to others.

I am certainly not against other methods of writing Boost documentation
and will look at asciidoc. But I did want to point out that I do not
think the issue with quickbook is really the quickbook syntax itself.
Others of course may well disagree with this assessment.