Subject: Re: [boost] [sort] Timsort review reminder
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-07 16:16:37

On 6/7/17 9:03 AM, Paul A. Bristow via Boost wrote:

>> I would prefer a mini-review myself (as I agreed to do when adding new
>> algorithms to the collection) but Ronald suggested I do a full review. My
>> main questions are: Does anyone care about Timsort?
>
> I agree that TimSort is well worth having in Boost. So a YES to accept.
> But provided we can have some documentation on when it is likely to perform well - covered well by the Wikipedia and original
> articles (including implementation notes on details like the 'bug' discovered).
>
> It should be clear about acknowledging other people's work too.

Hmmm - so that's your review?

Here are some questions you might want to answer in your review:

What is your evaluation of the design?

don't know

What is your evaluation of the implementation?

don't know

What is your evaluation of the documentation?

there is a link to a Wikipedia article with a general description of TimSort

What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?

very useful?

Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
problems?

Nope - just looked at ????

How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?

about zero

Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

yes - we're all knowledgeable about sorting.

YES to accept