Subject: Re: [boost] Cmake
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-24 16:06:48

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Vinnie Falco via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Rene Rivera via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > One of the issues that I've seen is that the generated project files are
> > just shells around cmake invocations of all kinds. As opposed to direct
> > project declarations.
>
> I haven't seen that (but if you say it exists I don't doubt it). My
> cmake-generated projects are 100% authentic Visual Studio projects
> which build on their own without invoking cmake. So it is possible, if
> the library author wishes, to generate good .vcxproj files.

Perhaps it depends on what features of cmake you use.. I only know enough
cmake to deal with build problems in client projects. And the ones I've
dealt with tend to use the gamut of cmake features. Particularly the
install targets.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything