Subject: Re: [boost] What's wrong with top-posting?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-26 13:46:01

No - it's the original and traditional - or it was, before Microsoft unilaterally used their muscle to break with tradition and make
top posting the 'Standard' in all Windows mailers. (The cursor for replying is placed at the top of the page, not the bottom).

There are pros and cons to both top and bottom posting, but like most endian-type arguments, there are NO pros to a *mixture* of top
and bottom posting.

Boost has always bottom posted and I don't see any good reason to change.

You can always see the full discussions on sites like Nabble.

Paul

PS It is also traditional to stick to plain text - usable by everyone and no risk of nasties hidden in HTML.

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal UK LA8 8AB