Subject: Re: [boost] [review][beast] Review of Beast starts today : July 1 - July 10
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-01 22:30:08

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Niall Douglas via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > There are lots of end users who would like to
> > speak HTTP without enabling C++ exceptions for cultural or safety
> > validation reasons: embedded devices, IoT, games, medical devices
> etc.
> >
> > You forgot to mention "unpredictability" of exceptions. :)
> >
> > Also, there is no error handling in games.
>
> Anyone not error handling in HTTP needs their head examined.

You mean error checking, I mean handling and recovery. Games tend to just
retry and eventually reboot on errors, rather than tear-down data
structures and recover gracefully. It's one reason why game programmers
don't see value in exception handling.