Subject: Re: [boost] [review][beast] Review of Beast starts today : July 1 - July 10
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-02 23:08:25

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Niall Douglas via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Ok, Vinnie. Enough of the aggression.
> If you don't want my feedback because of some grudge against me, say so

There's no grudge but this is what I'm hearing:

   "Beast should not perform socket I/O."

I don't know if its your style of speaking, or word choice but this
feedback is patently absurd on the face of it. So you think users
shouldn't be able to implement a web server or HTTP client using
Beast? How does one even begin to respond to that? I'm going to push
back considerably on statements of the form "your library shouldn't do
what it does" such as yours.

I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you're trying to
say something else such as, the library should be presented as two
separate libraries? But that's not how it sounds.

Thanks