Subject: Re: [boost] [review][beast] Review of Beast starts today : July 1 - July 10
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-03 13:48:46

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 6:44 AM, Peter Koch Larsen via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> My guess is that - as Niall pointed out
> - there is a large group of developers that could benefit from the
> parsing part alone,

They can use the parsing part alone today as well as the serializing
part, with a dependence on <boost/asio/buffer.hpp>. Examples of this
usage are in the documentation.

I believe the dependency on <boost/asio/buffer.hpp> is the main point
of contention (Niall, confirm?). I would like to have this discussion
if possible since a resolution would satisfy everyone.

>and probably also a group that would perform their own parsing and just use the transfer part.

This I have not heard of before, and is not a supported use-case. I
don't think its particularly interesting to users.

> Beast should be split into two libraries.

Beast is proposed as-is.

Thanks