Subject: [boost] [Beast] HTTP/1.0 Protocol compatibility
From: Artyom Beilis (artyom.beilis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-03 18:47:06

I can't find there an (sami)automatic way to manage HTTP/1.0 vs
HTTP/1.1 compatibility?

Example I have a client that supports HTTP/1.0 only and I need to
transfer an unknown amount of data. Now as one who writes the server I
need to check the clients protocol and choose chucked transfer
encoding with possibility to keep connection keep alive or close one
after data transfer using socket shutdown.

Shouldn't this kind of stuff should be handled automatically or
sami-automatically?

Keep alive semantics between HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1 is tricky and it is
very easy to make a mistake.

Also note I tested some of your examples and found that they
responding with HTTP/1.1 on HTTP/1.0 requests.

Artyom