Subject: Re: [boost] [review][beast] Review of Beast starts today : July 1 - July 10
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-06 04:44:55

On 7/5/17 3:01 PM, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:

> You are saying that a library that is supposed to be reviewed for
> inclusion in Boost is supposed to somehow work outside of Boost ?

yep - that's exactly what I'm saying.

> I do
> not think so and can't even begin to understand that sort of logic.

It's pretty simple. A library submitted for review is not yet a boost
library. It's submitted with the idea that should it be accepted into
boost it will be "boostified". To require this extra work on a library
which might not be accepted has always been considered an overly onerous
requirement for review.

Off topic - I believe that boost libraries should also work outside of
boost.

Robert Ramey