Subject: Re: [boost] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-18 21:59:51

On 7/18/17 2:18 PM, Ion Gaztañaga via Boost wrote:
> On 18/07/2017 20:08, Louis Dionne via Boost wrote:
>
>> (2) Prospective Boost developpers are sometimes driven away from
>> submitting
>> because
>> they would have to use Boost's build system, which they don't
>> know.
>>

> I don't think a C++ programmer with a programming level to write a Boost
> library would have any problem to write a Jamfile copy-pasting from any
> library.

LOL - as such a programmer I can tell you you're wrong! I don't think
you can make a working Jamfile by cutting and pasting. I have to go
back to the bjam documentation and then almost always post a question on
the list. Bjam may have it's advantages - but simplicity, transparency
and ease of use are not among them.