Subject: Re: [boost] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-19 02:41:59

On 7/18/17 5:06 PM, Gavin Lambert via Boost wrote:
> Doesn't this just then push the burden onto the user of Boost libraries
> to have *all* of B2, cmake, autotools, scons, rake, ant, vanilla make
> (possibly with GNU extensions), etc etc ad infinitum? I don't see how
> that could ever be practical.

One thing that always seems to get lost in this discussion is the
distinction between library developers and library users. Library users
need a simple way to import libraries. If one where to make (or if it
already exists) most library users would be satisfied if all that had to
do was something like FindBoostSerializaton or something like that.
Since they are downloading binaries, they wouldn't care how boost was
built etc.

Robert Ramey