Subject: Re: [boost] Introducing the Backbone++ Programming Language
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-19 07:08:17

The new one might be confused with http://backbonejs.org/...

> By taking advantage of the simplicity of the code of Javascript, the
> power of C++ and the deterministic C++ memory manager Root.Ptr, I
> decided to write my own programming language which takes advantage of
> all these powerful features.
>
> On the downside Javascript suffers from a slow garbage collector that
> kicks in randomly which makes it impossible to write real-time engines
> and C++ just doesn't have any objective memory manager up to this day.
>
> My initial attempt was to convert Javascript into C++ but then the
> principle of 'closures' and 'escape analysis' inlaid with Javascript
> just makes it impossible to get rid of the garbage collector. So if we
> sacrifice these principles away then we can integrate Root.Ptr and take
> advantage of the power of C++ and the true flexibility and run-time
> features of Javascript.
>
> It has to be noted that BB++ is an extension of C++ and therefore
> everything we can do in C++ can also be done in BB++ and vice-versa.

You might get more attention if you had documentation on the language
itself and how it extends C++ and what benefits that provides.

Talk of sacrificing closures is a little worrisome; closures are an
important feature of JS (and also of C++).