Subject: Re: [boost] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: rleigh_at_[hidden]
Date: 2017-07-21 13:28:56

On 2017-07-19 14:58, Oliver Kowalke via Boost wrote:

> What does this mean for boost's regression test?
> Especially for the fiber library I need a combination of:
> - address-model (32/64)
> - architecture (arm, arm64, mips, ....)
> - binary format (elf, ms, o32, mach-o, ...)
> - ABI (sysv, aapcs, ...)
> - implementation (assembler, ucontext, windows fibers)
> - segmented stacks (on/off)
> - valgrind (on/off)
> - transactional memory (on/off)
> Do I need to provide for each combination a different generator?

I would suggest that you would start off by dropping these options:

- address-model
- architecture
- binary format

They are already handled by standard CMake options to choose the
compiler and its compile/link flags, so there's no need to deviate from
the common way of doing things.

The rest can be implemented straightforwardly as cache options so that
you can run cmake with options like

   -Dvalgrind=OFF -Dtransactional-memory=ON -Dsegmented-stacks=ON [-D…]

You would need to make a build directory for each combination you want
to test, and then run cmake to configure that combination, then build
and test.

Regards,
Roger