Subject: Re: [boost] Dependency report
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-24 17:15:22

Michel Morin wrote:
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
> > On 07/18/17 03:44, Michel Morin via Boost wrote:
> >> Is it possible to deprecate the use of boost::next/prior for
> >> non-iterator types?
> >

> > It is possible, but I'm not sure why we would do that. What is the
> > problem that we're trying to solve?
>
> If Utility's dependency on Iterator is a problem, the deprecation can help
> to move boost::next/prior to Iterator.

Yes please, let's move next_prior.hpp to Iterator while we're on this topic.
This dependency is not the end of the world by any means, but it would still
be a small step in the right direction.

It's true that next/prior are not limited to iterators, and that's fine,
there's no need to deprecate their use for non-iterators.