Subject: Re: [boost] Boost tests with cmake
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-29 14:23:07

P F wrote:

> Either way, several authors has expressed their desire to have their
> libraries built standalone, which means they would need to use
> `find_package` to get their dependencies.

That's their choice and their problem. Does not follow that everyone else
needs to do it too.

> I think the error-prone is coming from repeating the dependencies twice.

Error-prone comes from find_package in boost_foo finding the system package
boost_bar because you haven't installed the libraries in the correct order.
Although I suppose this could be prevented by using EXACT.