Subject: Re: [boost] [BB++] 5 minutes long documentary
From: Phil Bouchard (philippeb8_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-31 11:12:49

On 07/30/2017 04:54 PM, Phil Bouchard via Boost wrote:
> Like I promised, here's a 5 minutes long documentary on BB++:
> https://youtu.be/vXmddU_FS30

FAQ:

"I will create a better and longer presentation this week but the goal
of the language is to solve all possible memory leaks by grouping all
pointers into sets which get destroyed at the end of a scope. Thus at
the end of a scope, all pointers are guaranteed to be destroyed, cyclic
or not.

Furthermore It replaces Node.JS but uses the power of C++ for
inheritance (multiple inheritance, virtual inheritance, etc.).

Lastly I am not sure how the memory consumption can be increased by
2500% [in the Microsoft tests] because sizeof(boost::shared_ptr) ==
sizeof(void *) * 2 and so is sizeof(boost::node_ptr) == sizeof(void *) *
2."