Subject: Re: [boost] Reminder: Boost Master branch will close for the 1.65.0 release on Wednesday
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-01 18:27:20

On 01.08.2017 05:12, Daniel James via Boost wrote:
> I can see other problems with a more distributed approach. We'd lose
> the ability to edit release notes, which we do on occasion, and pull
> requests also make it easier to track changes as someone has to
> approve them.

Why would anyone want to edit or even just approve release notes I wrote
about a project I maintain ?

> It wouldn't be clear which module branch to use, master
> seems the obvious choice, but it couldn't be used when master is
> frozen. And changes to the release notes after a release could also be
> confusing.
>
> It would also require everyone to write their own release notes.

Yes indeed. So what ? Who is writing them now ?

> Sometimes people email me if they don't want to write quickbook markup
> themselves.

All this sounds like another case of someone being afraid of loosing
control. With 100+ libraries being hosted by the Boost organization, I
think it's time to come to terms with the idea that there is no way to
control them top-down.

        Stefan