Subject: Re: [boost] Reminder: Boost Master branch will close for the 1.65.0 release on Wednesday
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-01 21:09:21

Le 01.08.17 à 22:18, Stefan Seefeld via Boost a écrit :
> On 01.08.2017 15:21, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:
>> On 08/01/17 22:14, Daniel James via Boost wrote:

>>> Fix links, typos, markup etc. A lot of that is done by Akira Takahashi.
>>
>> Multiple times we also had to add to release notes after the release
>> has been shipped. For example, add notes about critical problems and
>> links to patches.
>
> Yes, all of which can be done per project, if Boost would allow release
> notes to be stored in the project-specific repositories, and rendered
> from project-specific documentation, rather than all from a single
> monolithic place.

Is this really the case, and is Boost enforcing this? I believe not:

* feel free to not publish release notes that would be visible on boost.org
* feel free to publish whatever documentation and release notes to
whatever server of your own

Please allow me to give you an excerpt from a post of yours, not so long
ago (20.05.16, 17:45):

"""
It is absurd how much ink is wasted on completely meaningless questions
such as where build system artifacts should be placed, as those have
absolutely no impact on end-users.
"""

I would be glad if we can stay in-topic.

Cheers,
Raffi

PS: I am also *very* glad that the release process is moving on, despite
the recent chaos on the list and organization. I also want to add that
the "people" (which certainly can be counted on my single hand) that are
structuring Boost with their tools, servers, infrastructure in general
are doing a wonderful job.