Subject: Re: [boost] Reminder: Boost Master branch will close for the 1.65.0 release on Wednesday
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-02 03:47:16

http://boost.org") after validating that all the referenced end-points
>> exist
>> 4) Allow project maintainers to replace (customize) their "index.html"
>> to refer to documentation (etc.) they manage "locally", i.e. generate on
>> "http://boostorg.github.io/>"
>> 5) At the same time, remove the corresponding (now obsoleted) content
>> from boost.org
>
> Your items above are way too complicated for just creating individual
> library/tool release notes,

...because this addresses more than just the centralized release notes
issue.

> besides which many libraries do not write docs in HTML at all.

So what ? All I'm proposing is to inject an indirection that allows
those maintainers who wish to customize the process to do so. For those
who don't, all of this will be fully transparent.

> My suggestion is that you scale down your implementation to something
> which provides just release notes for each release, and which could be
> picked up to create centralized release notes for a release.
I don't see what problem this would solve.
> My suggestion is also that the release notes be plain text.

(I agree, but this is a tangential issue.)

        Stefan