Subject: Re: [boost] [ANN] Boost.UI - a new C++ GUI library
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-28 20:27:38

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Kolya Kosenko via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > I don't like the fact that it introduces its own event loop that I have no
> > control on.

> This loop is designed to interact with user, all GUI librararies have
> it. When user press button key he should wait while your loop have a
> time to handle users request?

I haven't looked over your library at all yet, but I have bumped into
the problem of trying to integrate application code with an
inaccessible main loop.

Instead of providing your own main loop, you might consider using an
Asio io_service as your main event loop, and exposing (a subset of)
its API to your own library consumers. That would give you a certain
level of extensibility right out of the box.