Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome v2] How important is it that an Expected implementation is also provided?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-04 22:51:37

>> It's already shipping an Expected implementation, but in its test suite
>> purely so I can reuse Vicente's Expected test suite.
> My implemtation is not so good to go to Boost ;-)
> Some of my test can be good, maybe others are not. In anycase I'm not
> sure they are sufficient :(

I'm always very wary of trusting tests that I write myself. I
consistently find that I end up missing things. A good test strategy is
to use someone else's tests with a compatibility shim, it exercises
parts I would never have thought of.

BTW your test suite did find new bugs, but interestingly in one of the
C++ compilers, not in Outcome :)

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting