Subject: Re: [boost] [review] The review of Boost.DoubleEnded starts today: September 21 - September 30
From: Thorsten Ottosen (tottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-05 15:46:28

Den 04-10-2017 kl. 22:21 skrev Ion Gaztañaga via Boost:
> On 04/10/2017 17:23, Thorsten Ottosen via Boost wrote:

>> Given the lack of a contiguous iterator tag, this is not just a switch
>> from pointer to class iterator. The internal code now needs to be
>> careful when it's passed its own iterator type and detect that it
>> actually has a contiguous range.
>
> Right. Internally used algorithms query "are_elements_contiguous<T>"
> traits which is specialized to true for vector_iterator.

Makes sense. And it works great when applied within one library, say
Boost.Container. But then what about all the other container libraries
in boost:

BiMap
CircularBuffer
Gil
MultiArray
MultiIndex
Unordered

etc.

We would have to have a Boost-wide trait for all interactions to be
optimal. And then we can't do anything about interactions with the
standard library.

Anyway, I don't feel strongly about it either way.

kind regards

Thorsten