Subject: Re: [boost] [review] The review of Boost.DoubleEnded starts today: September 21 - September 30
From: Thorsten Ottosen (tottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-13 17:28:43

Den 12-10-2017 kl. 22:18 skrev Benedek Thaler via Boost:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Thorsten Ottosen via Boost <

> Here are my results of a similar test:

Hi Benedek,

Many thanks!

I'm just curious: why are the N's different for the two classes.
For example, devector has 128, but not 8 or 64?

There is one final test I would like to see. Instead of relying on
shuffled positions, we should keep the container size fixed and insert
exactly one time at each position. So instead of

     for (std::size_t p : positions)
     {
       c.insert(c.begin() + p, p);
     }

we should before the loop fill the container to 90% capacity. For
devector, make sure there is space in both ends. Then do the following:

     for( std::size_t p = 0; p < c.size(); ++p )
     {
       state.ResumeTiming();
       c.insert( c.begin() + p, p );
       state.PauseTiming();
       c.erase( c.begin() + p );
     }

That would be great to see even for small values 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, etc.

Thanks in advance

Thorsten