Subject: Re: [boost] Recommend dropping test coverage on msvc-7.1 and msvc-8.0
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-16 20:34:23

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Ion Gaztañaga <igaztanaga_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 16/10/2017 14:02, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
>>
>> Three, you can just use a built-in Boost.Build feature:
>>
>> project : requirements <toolset>msvc-7:<build>no
>> <toolset>gcc-4.1:<build>no ;
>>

> Toolset name can be defined in user-config.jam so msvc-7 is not a generic
> solucion

But this isn't a generic problem. You want to not run tests for specific
toolsets that *testers* run. Hence using the toolset name that testers some
times specify seems good enough to me :-)

> , I define in my local regression tests toolsets named like gcc-7.1c++03,
> gcc-7.1c++14... Maybe an additional feature could be added to filter
> toolset version with some comparison operator. Just CC'ing Rene in case
> it's a good idea for future developments.

You can already do that.. If you write your own conditional rule and have
whatever comparison you want.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything