Subject: Re: [boost] Release Note responsibilites for maintainers
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-24 17:05:36

On 10/24/17 19:41, James E. King, III via Boost wrote:
> The upcoming release of 1.66.0 will be my first release in a maintainer
> role. How are the release notes generated and what are maintainer's
> responsibilities during each phase of the release cycle?

The release notes are generated from this file:

https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_66_0.qbk

You can create a PR adding the release notes you want to publish. You
can see release notes for previous releases for examples. The libraries
are listed in alphabetical order.

Typically, you only have to write release notes for the libraries you
maintain. Usually, we publish release notes sometime close to a Boost
release, when there is announcement on this list. But, if the release
notes file is created, you can do it earlier.

Also, if this workflow is inconvenient, you can send the release notes
to Daniel James in plain text and he will add them. (Many thanks to
Daniel for maintaining the release notes and the website, BTW.)