Subject: Re: [boost] [boost-steering] Re: PSA: Travis OS X bottleneck, <cxxstd> new Boost.Build feature
From: James E. King, III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-30 10:34:12

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 8:47 PM, Jon Kalb via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Tom,
>
> I’m not certain who we’d contact, but I suppose support_at_[hidden] is
> the place to start.
>
> I’m willing to contact them on behalf of the project (although I think it
> would be better if you did this because you know more of what we need).
>
> What can you tell me about our OS X resources/requirements/quota or
> resources/requirements/quota generally that I should know before contacting
> them? Do we have an account name/number/identifier of some type?
>
> Jon

The info I got was:

The normal, free package gives you five concurrent jobs (which equals five
concurrent workers, so to speak).
Beyond that, the next step up includes 10 extra concurrent jobs,
effectively raising the limit to 15, for $500/month, paid annually and in
advance.
We are able to offer a 30% reduction for certified non-profits.

So it sounds like for $4,200/yr the project can triple the number of build
workers, and that's without any additional negotiation.
If folks who have authority want to pursue this, you can email
support_at_[hidden] to continue discussions.

- Jim