Subject: Re: [boost] [poly_collection] Needs a 'develop' branch
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-01 22:09:12

On 2/11/2017 01:07, Edward Diener wrote:
> It's the git gui I use on Windows, TortoiseGit. Evidently there is a
> delay updating remote git repository views. I need to check online
> instead. Sorry for the noise.

By default you only see branches that you have checked out or copied
locally. You need to look under remotes/origin to see remote branches,
and they are not updated until you do a Fetch/Pull.

(This is the same with command-line git. It is also possible to
configure git to only fetch specific remote branches, but it's harder to
do that from TortoiseGit alone so you have to be actively trying to do
it, so this is unlikely to be your issue.)