Subject: Re: [boost] Announcement: Faber, a new build system based on bjam
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-24 14:29:42

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 3:00 AM, Richard Hodges via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I am strongly of the view that c++ needs a standard tool for build, IDE
> project generation, toolset selection, dependency management, testing and
> deployment. I find it deeply disturbing that one cannot simply write a
> project that pulls in 3 or 4 libraries and then cross-compile it for any
> target with one command.

FWIW, the C++ standards committee is in the process of setting up a new
Study Group for Tooling. Titus Winters will be the chair. I suspect it will
initially focus on tooling to support P0684 *C++ Stability, Velocity, and
Deployment Plans *(See https://wg21.link/p0684), but it is a sign of
increased interest in the whole C++ ecosystem.

--Beman