Subject: [boost] Info: Boost.Config is older than your compiler version - message is surprising
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-08 12:06:37

I've just updated to the latest and greatest Visual Studio 15.5 and also got my Boost develop branch up-to-date.

But I'm still getting this message:

"Info: Boost.Config is older than your compiler version - probably nothing bad will happen - but you may wish to look for an updated
Boost version. Define BOOST_CONFIG_SUPPRESS_OUTDATED_MESSAGE to suppress this message."

I've just rebuilt my library files that have the new -x64- x32 in the name (great - but grrrr because I have had to change all my
command files to generate them, previously in /x64 and /win32 folders ;-)

The library files have names like

 libboost_chrono-vc141-mt-x64-1_66.lib

so version number is still at 1.66 (a fact confirmed by the config_info Boost version 106600)

The config_info.txt output is attached.

So I am surprised to get this potentially useful warning.

It would *much* more helpful if the warning told which version number of both compiler and Boost?

(Just like the 'File not found' message that provokes "Which *&%$%^!!ing file" expletives).

Paul

PS The Good news is that defining BOOST_CONFIG_SUPPRESS_OUTDATED_MESSAGE quiets as promised.

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal UK LA8 8AB