Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-09 02:52:02

AMDG

On 12/08/2017 07:36 PM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost wrote:
> On 08.12.2017 21:32, Tom Kent via Boost wrote:
>>
>> That sounds tricky.
>>
>> Does that mean that I'd need to modify my user-config.jam file between the
>> two builds? (I.e. only have one version of python in there at a time?)
>
> I believe so, yes (though would prefer someone like Steven or Rene as
> the real experts to confirm the whole issue, as I may miss something).

  I'm not really familiar with the python toolset,
but user-config.jam can contain arbitrary code,
so, if there isn't a better solution, you can
fall back on something like this:

# Adjust the build paths when python3 is in use.
# Note: This applies to all targets, even those
# unrelated to python, so it's probably a bad idea
# to use the --use-python3 option for building anything
# other than Boost.Python.
import feature ;
feature.feature python-version : 3 : propagated optional ;

import modules ;
import toolset ;
# Allow command line switching
if --use-python3 in [ modules.peek : ARGV ]
{
  project : requirements <python-version>3 ;
  using python : 3.xx : ... ;
}
else
{