Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Release Candidate 2
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-15 12:22:11

On 15 December 2017 at 05:47, John Maddock via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> BTW, changes to config are just the tip of the iceberg: I suspect 15.5 in
> C++17 /permissive- mode will break quite a few libraries given that things
> that were in the std have now been removed.

Yip, FWIW, locale doesn't build (RC1) due to the removal of std::auto_ptr().

> In short, have a complete Boost release that fully supports 15.5 requires
> quite a bit of work. In the mean time, I'm sure PR's against effected
> libraries would be welcome!

And then there is clang/llvm (in combination with the MS-STL)...

degski

--
"*Ihre sogenannte Religion wirkt bloß wie ein Opiat reizend, betäubend,
Schmerzen aus Schwäche stillend.*" - Novalis 1798