Subject: Re: [boost] seeking endorsement for histogram library
From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-18 10:48:34

Thank you, Paul, this is great :)

I want to add that this library is definitely of interest for the target
group. Recently Axel Naumann contacted me about it, he is one of leading
developers of the ROOT
framework, CERNs do-it-all library that also does statistics. They want to
compare with our approach.

For people who want a free modern C++ library that has histograms, there is
nothing there, apart from ROOT, and that is a mixed bag. ROOT is
overwhelmingly not written by C++ and design experts, and it shows. Also,
it is a huge dependency if you just want histograms.