Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Release Candidate 2
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-18 12:54:42

On 12/18/17 04:00, Daniel James wrote:
> On 17 December 2017 at 23:26, Andrey Semashev via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> It's not *any* headers but rather permissions.hpp from Boost.Log and some
>> headers from Boost.Thread (I'm not sure which as there are multiple headers
>> in Boost.Thread that could make use of Boost.WinAPI, which could cause the
>> conflict). I don't think other libraries using Boost.WinAPI are affected
>> because, unlike Boost.Thread, they have their own namespaces. Also, IPC is
>> not the core functionality of Boost.Log, so the library is not completely
>> useless without it, but surely its users can be affected.
>>
>> In any case, I'm planning to merge the fix to master tomorrow, although it
>> won't make it into the release per se. The commit should apply cleanly over
>> the current master (i.e. it can be cherry-picked to release). Please, let me
>> know if you think it's not important enough to delay the release so that I
>> can prepare a PR for the release notes.
>
> OK then, I'll go ahead with the release tomorrow, and we can add a
> link to a patch.

Luckily, Vicente didn't merge the update to Boost.Thread to use the new
location and namespace of Boost.WinAPI to master, so this conflict
doesn't appear. I was wondering why the test matrix for Boost.Log master
was not showing the problems and apparently this is the reason. Sorry I
didn't realize this earlier.

So, to summarise:

- the problem was found and fixed in develop
- it didn't appear in master and should not affect the release because
Boost.Thread was not merged
- I have now merged Boost.Log to master, so even if Boost.Thread is
merged, it should still be fine

Sorry for the noise.