Subject: Re: [boost] [SPAM] Re: Informal CMake meeting at CPPCon
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-12 18:05:04

I hear your frustration (though I find that bjam works fine for me, and does some things that CMake can't). But, by itself,
knocking bjam won't help).

There is a clear declared wish and willingness to make CMake work for building Boost.

Someone needs to make CMake 'just work' for people (including explaining how - it's all greek to me ;-) ).

(And it isn't going to be the people who have worked over many years supporting bjam - it is all they can do to keep bjam running).

It's no good trying to stop support for bjam unless CMake is really working well; I don't get the impression that it really is
working yet :-(

It is lack of CMake enthusiasts input is the missing thing here.

So yes, please, help make it happen.

HTH

Paul

---