Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc18] New Astronomy Library
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-21 14:00:43

> I have made this proposal for this new library(check attachment)
> Suggestions are invited.

You need to focus more on "selling your project". Why is it important to
have such library in C++ specifically? Isn't this one of those projects
where other languages will do just fine? What market are we missing by not
having this library? What C++ have to offer to make such library be
inviting to write in C++?

You mention "gather information from observation data". Does this mean
you'll include a parser for some format?

Can you compare this library with some non-C++ library and detail a little
how will scope between the two differ (e.g. your library will focus
initially only on X given the library is only starting)?

For now, this should be good. When it's time to submit the student form
through the GSoC platform, you'll also focus on selling yourself. I'll give
more feedback on this when the time comes. Don't worry.

Should I publish this on the wiki page of Boost GSoC 2018?

Yes, please. You can put my name as a potential mentor.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/