Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] success-or-failure objects
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-23 15:19:46

> Can you explain why this is confusing to you?

You missed the point. I'm not questioning what is the difference between
Boost.Outcome and Expected (a.k.a. missing the point). I'm questioning why
you use vocabulary such as...

>He is implementing "hi". We implement "hello". We define the difference
between "hi" and "hello" as...

If I was to choose any confusing term /on purpose/, the best term I'd come
up with is the term you have chosen. There is no worse term to choose in
the paragraph you wrote. That's my point.

You define "hi" and "hello" as different terms when they mean the same
thing.

Worst thing is, you don't need to define the difference between these two
terms (value-or-error and success-or-failure) as these terms are not used
in the rest of the page. Just erase the "Outcome’s default is to not
provide value-or-error objects. It provides success-or-failure objects"
sentence and the paragraph becomes perfect.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/