Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Review of Outcome v2 (Fri-19-Jan to Sun-28-Jan, 2018)
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-01 01:06:02

:

> It's not the exceptions that made variant difficult. It's *the possibility
> of a failure* at certain points in some cases. You would have the same
> difficulty defining behavior in these cases with any error reporting
> mechanism, exceptions or not.

The way the language features interact makes this hard.

It'd be much simpler if move constructors were forbidden to throw (I'm
**not** saying this would be a good rule to have in the language).

Yet you can write buggy code like the one Andrzej Krzemienski mentioned not
long ago.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/