Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Review of Outcome v2 (Fri-19-Jan to Sun-28-Jan, 2018)
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-06 02:06:38

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Rob Stewart via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> Perhaps the solution is basic_result and basic_outcome, with result and
> outcome as special, simplifying cases. That way, most can use the normal,
> simpler templates, but those needing all of the knobs and levers for a
> custom use case can use the basic_* types.

This piles up even more complexity. Here is how a user header file would
look like with what I think is the correct interface for this kind of
library:

namespace boost { template <class T> class result; }

boost::result<int> foo();