Subject: Re: [boost] C++03 / C++11 compatibility question for compiled libraries
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-10 20:23:12

On 10 February 2018 at 11:25, Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Well, yes, but that's not a problem for libstdc++, because, presumably, it
> is always compiled with the latest C++ supported by the compiler.

 Yeah, that is probably true, let's go with that!

Maybe a similar convention is possible for Boost as well, i.e. we support
> linking executables compiled only for C++ <= N, where N is the version that
> Boost was compiled for. It's difficult to enforce, though.

It would be better to up the minimum required version of C++ (to C++11),
and let those who don't want to move (pun intended), to stick with their
old copy (pun intended) of Boost.

degski