Subject: Re: [boost] [release notes] Linking to github issues/pull requests
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-14 12:48:01

On 14 February 2018 at 12:15, Stefan Seefeld via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I see these templates are defined in `website/feed/ext.qbk`. How or when
> is that source being pulled into the documentation ? (That's presumably
> what you are referring to as "release notes infrastructure" ?)

There's an '[import ext.qbk]' at the top of the release notes, which
imports all the templates and macros. When building the release notes
quickbook is called with the appropriate include path (i.e. something
like 'quickbook feed/history/boost_1_66_0.qbk -I feed/').

You can add an include path in Boost Build using '<include>':

    path-constant include_path : path-to-include-dir ;

    xml target : source.qbk : <include>$(include_path) ;

> As I mentioned in a prior reply in this thread, I'd really like to be
> able to use such features in my projects' own documentation, i.e. as
> part of a regular documentation build, which has no notion of the above
> `website` code. But that would only work if such templates would become
> part of `quickbook` itself, rather than being integrated into a separate
> boost module such as `website`.

I wouldn't want to make something so specific part of the language. We
could make a template library available somewhere though.