Subject: Re: [boost] C++03 / C++11 compatibility question for compiled libraries
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-19 19:22:27

On 2/19/18 10:30 AM, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:
> The problem with your definition of "dropping support for C++03" is that
> end-users of Boost libraries need to be told that Boost no longer can
> guarantee that a library which currently works in C++03 mode will
> continue to do so.

Hmmm - I'm not aware of any such guarantee. I believe that if I wanted
to, I could update the serialization library so that it henceforth it
would only work under C++11, 14, or ...

Of course there's no reason I would want to do that - and of course no
reason that I should be required to do that - and in any event, there
would be no way of enforcing such a requirement.

Robert Ramey