Subject: [boost] request for comments in a new format library
From: Roberto Hinz (robhz786_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-21 14:24:21

Dear boost community,

some time ago I announced a format library I'm working on. I think at that
time it was still too incipient for one to evaluate whether it looked
promising, thought some few but very useful observation were made ( one
regarding i18n and other code bloat ) that made me change many things.

Now the library is more evolved and I think it will be ready for review
somewhere in the second half of this year, if no big change happens.

This is a c++14 text format library with some unique features:
  - designed to be utf8 friendly
  - easy to extend for new destination types ( like some different string
type )
  - able to align (justify) a set of sub-arguments as one ( see joins
<https://robhz786.github.io/stringify/doc/html/special_input_types/special_input_types.html>
)
  - it enables the use of translations tools ( like gettext ), yet the
formatting is not specified by a format string. And the problem with format
strings that they lead to run time errors (instead of compilation error )
when they are incorrect.

​Hence I much appreciate any comments, especially if can identify any flaw
I didn't realize.

repo: https://github.com/robhz786/stringify
doc: ​ https://robhz786.github.io/stringify/doc/html/

​best regards