Subject: [boost] [gsoc18]project1-1: Add statistics and machine learning functions
From: SheldonZhang (sheldonzhang.bupt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-24 17:02:30

Hi,

My name is Zhang Bohan(Sheldon Zhang) from China. I am a freshman in Beijing
University of Posts and Telecommunications, majoring in Information and
Communication Engineering.

I want a mentor who can guide me to accomplish the project.

I am interested in working for Boost.uBLAS because in my profession there
are plenty of calculation about matrix. I believe this will lead me to
better understanding about it. And I love machine learning, it is the way to
the future. I am taking a machine learning course(taught by Andrew Ng) on
coursea. So I know what I am going to do in the project.

I do quite well in Linear Algebra. In the exam, I got top 10% in the grade.
I have been programming since junior high school. I am familiar to C++-11
and its features(like lambdas and template). I have good command of basic
algorithms. I participated in National Olympiad in Informatics and got good
grades. Besides, I am a teaching assistant in Program Designing Course. I am
googd at English, so there is few difficulty in communicating.

I have done the programming competency test
https://github.com/ltg001/gsoc18-codeCompetencyTest

At last, what should I do in this period?

With regard,
Sheldon Zhang

--
Sent from: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html